- To add new documents to either a Subject or Study Binder, click the + Button in the bottom right corner.
- From the menu that appears, click “Add Documents”.
- Either drag and drop one or more documents to the upload area, or click "Select Files" to browse for documents. We support the filetypes: .PDF, .DOC, .DOCX, .XLS, .XLXS. If there is another filetype you would like to see supported, please send your suggestion to Support.
- You may add more documents by clicking "Select More". Once all documents have been selected, click “File Document”.
- The Edit Document Details screen shows how SourceDrive guessed these documents should be organized. Those assumptions are made based on where in the application you were when “Add Documents” was clicked (see below for details).
For each document, you can rename the documents, change where it will be filed, change the tags, and adjust the effective date and expiration date.
Click “Looks Good”, or make corrections and click "Save & File".
For example, for this document SourceDrive already filled in the name of the document from the file name, correctly filed the document into the Subject Binder for Subject 01-001, and set the effective date to today. It also defaults to turning on the Certified Copy toggle. All of these elements look good, so I leave them as is:
But, I see there are no tags for this example document. I want it to be filed under visit 6. I type "6" to see all tags containing "6". There's only one option in my dropdown: "Visit 6".
I selected the "Visit 6" tag by clicking on it or hitting enter, and since I don't want to add an expiration date, I'm now ready to click "Save & File".
- If you have any documents marked "Certify Copy" you will see an extra step to sign off on these documents - to learn more about this, see "Uploading a Document as Certifed Copy".
Remember, if you’re uploading multiple documents, you may need to scroll down to see all of your options for each document.
If the assumptions the system has made are incorrect, you can overwrite any fields on upload or later, but here's a quick look at how SourceDrive assumes attributes about your upload:
● Document Name
= The title of the document uploaded
● Filed Into
= A specific Subject Binder if “Add Documents” was clicked while inside a Subject Binder
= Or, “Subject Binders > Select Subject” if “Add Documents” was clicked while on the “All Subjects” page
= Or, “Study Binders > Study Binder Section” if “Add Documents" was clicked while inside a Study Binder and Section
= no tags if a user was in a Study Binder or in All Subjects when “Add Documents” was clicked
= Subject tags selected when “Add Documents” was clicked
For example, if the user had clicked “Visit 3” and added the filter “Lab Work” in the Subject Binder when they clicked “Add Documents”, these two tags are applied to all the documents.
Note: if you adjust “Filed Into” all tags are cleared. This is due to the fact that the pre-selected tags were likely not applicable if the wrong binder was assumed. Please add the appropriate tags in manually.
● Effective Date
= The date the file was uploaded
● Expiration Date
= Blank (and optional)