The "Needs Attention" section shows you a view across all the documents for this study and site, including Study Binder documents and Subject Binder documents.
There are multiple ways a document might show up in "Needs Attention" because they need action taken upon them:
- Expired: past the expiration date
- Expiring: within 90 days of the expiration date
- Unfiled: documents that have been added to SourceDrive, but the filling step during upload was not completed
- Processing: documents that are experiencing a significant delay during the upload process
A badge will appear in the top navigation bar next to "Needs Attention" with the number of items in Expired, Expiring, or Unfiled, as these are the sections that need user attention, rather than system attention.
Resolving "Expired" and "Expiring" Documents
To clear expired or expiring documents, first click on the document name and then either:
- Upload a new version of the document (the system will prompt you for a new expiration date), or
- Change the expiration date of the document to a date in the future to remove from "Expired" and a date more than 90 days in the future to remove from "Expiring".
Resolving "Unfiled" Documents
- To clear documents out of the "Unfiled" section, first click on the document name to resume the filing process from where it left off.
- Click "Looks Good" or make updates to how the file should be filed and click "Save & File" to complete the document. It will be removed from "Needs Attention".
Resolving "Processing" Documents
Documents should not end up in "Processing" - usually, during upload, documents appear a few moments later in SourceDrive, and often before you are even done completing the filing details the document is in our system. If they do however encounter a problem that causes slower processing, we escalate the document to this section to ensure you know the status.
Issues should resolve themselves and the document will move to it's intended location in SourceDrive, however, if you see a document that appears to be stuck in processing for more than ten minutes, please contact SourceDrive Support.